Q300PTA has arranged the BioBus visits to Q300 in May. Through the BioBus experience, students will be able to discover the excitement of hands-on science aboard this mobile lab, which is equipped with $75,000 worth of microscopes and that is staffed by scientists.
The dates of the visits are:
- Lower Division: May 13th and May 14th
- Upper Division: May 22nd and 23rd
Each class will engage in hands-on science work. Possible topics for each grade include:
- Kindergarten: Itty Bitty Bug Shapes
- 1st grade: Seeing Shapes
- 2nd grade: Daphnia, Microscopes and Me
- 3rd grade: Daphnia, Microscopes and Me
- 4th-6th grade: Microscopic Ecosystems
- 7th grade: Cells, Cells, Cells
- 8th grade: The Living Environment
You can read more about the BioBus and its mission at http://www.biobus.org/about.