About Q300 PTA
Thank you for visiting the website of the Q300 Parent-Teacher Association. All parents and guardians of Q300 students as well as all teachers are automatically members of the Q300 PTA. PTA meetings are held monthly. Our goal is to work together to create and maintain a welcoming community for all Q300 families and to support the administration and faculty in building a school that provides outstanding education to our students based on the values of inclusion, inquiry, and responsibility.
The mission of the Q300 Parent-Teacher Association is to enrich and improve the educational, emotional, and social lives of Q300’s students by providing the following:
- Supporting activities that foster the core values of Q300: Inclusion, Inquiry and Responsibility;
- Providing support and resources to Q300 for the benefit and educational growth of its students;
- Developing parent and staff leadership, fostering and encouraging participation at all levels of the Association, and providing opportunities to participate in school governance and decision making;
- Promoting a cooperative working relationship among the Q300 parents, families, staff, and administration;
- Providing a forum where parents and staff members discuss innovations and implementations of curricular and extra-curricular activities that afford each student an opportunity to acquire the core values of Q300.
Q300 PTA Photo Gallery
2023-2024 PTA Board Members
|Presidents||Mauricio Lopez Camperofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Executive Vice President||Yvette Choyemail@example.com|
|Co-Secretaries||Kate Swearengen & David Wangfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Co-Treasurers||Sophia Peng & Amy Wongemail@example.com|
|Co-VPs of Fundraising||Lisa Christopher & Christina Leefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Co-VPs of Communications||Emanuella Drummond & Betty Ruanemail@example.com|
|Co-VPs of Membership||Afrosa Amin & Luz Muy-Lemafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Co-VPs of Community Affairs||Salua Baida & Janet Perezemail@example.com|
|Co-VPs of Lower Division||Alisha Arthur & Erica Soto Engfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Co-VPs of Upper Division||Sunlida Caraballo & Jacqueline Leameremail@example.com|
|2E Group Committee||Ellie Rabinovich|
|Auction Committee (Under Fundraising)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Audit Committee (under Treasury)||The Audit Committee conduct an audit of all financial affairs of the Association, with the assistance of the Treasurer who shall make all books and records of the Association available to the committee.||Treasurers|
|Budget Committee||The Budget Committee develops and proposes the PTA budget and prepares a written review of the prior year’s budget.||Treasurers|
|Bus Advocacy Committee||http://q300pta.org/resources/bus-info/|
|Communications Committee||The Communications Committee facilitates and implements communications among the Association and the parents and staff.||VP of Communication|
|Community Affairs Committee||The Community Affairs Committee oversees the PTA’s efforts to reach out to the greater Q300 community and to participate in and report on community based meetings and forums, and committees and councils of the Department of Education.||VP of Community Affairs|
|Direct Appeal Committee||The PTA Direct Appeal Co-Chairs develop our annual direct appeal strategy and outreach plan, distribute information about our campaigns and use of direct appeal funds, solicit donations from the community, track donations and issue tax email@example.com|
|Fundraising Committee||The Fundraising Committee plans and executes all fundraising activities including donation solicitations, fundraisers, and grant writing to further the mission of the Association. Learn more about volunteering here.||VP of Fundraising|
|Grant Writing Committee||Lynn Kennedy at LynnK@q300pta.org|
|Library Committee Committee (under Membership)||VP of Membership|
|Membership Committee||The Membership Committee encourages parent and staff participation, outreach, and recruitment.||VP of Membership|
|One School Committee (under Community Affairs)||VP of Community Affairs|
|Wellness Committee||The Wellness Committee is a group of parents, students, staff who work together with the school administration to promote a healthy school environment.||Gina Reis at firstname.lastname@example.org and Lynn Kennedy at email@example.com|
Q300 PTA: How Much has Changed
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I become a member of the PTA
The following individuals are automatically PTA members: (a) birth parents, adoptive parents, step-parents, legally appointed guardians, foster parents, “persons in a parental relation” as defined by the Department of Education and designated persons having a relationship to a child or children currently attending Q300; and (b) all eligible Q300 teachers and instructional full-time staff members, with the exception of the Principal and supervisors.
- How do I become involved in the PTA or volunteer during school?
You can attend monthly General Membership Meetings, volunteer by organizing or helping at events and fundraisers, serve on a Committee or run for an Executive Board position. Please fill out the PTA Volunteer Survey (https://forms.office.com/r/w5AyLUWShk) to learn more about volunteer opportunities. For those interested in a position on the Executive Board, elections for open positions will be held at the October General Membership Meeting. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. It’s never too early nor too late to get involved with the Board.
- What are the PTA committees on which I can volunteer?
- Membership Committee encourages parent and staff outreach, volunteering, and participation.
- Fundraising Committee implements fundraising, such as the Direct Appeal, raffles at events, business kickbacks, auctions, grant writing and other related events.
- Communications Committee facilitates communications among the PTA, parents and staff, including preparing regular newsletters, email bulletins, web-based maintenance, and translation.
- Community Affairs Committee oversees PTA’s efforts to reach out to the community outside Q300, including our co-located partners P.S. 17 and I.S. 126, and our local elected officials.
- Budget Committee drafts the PTA budget and maintains the financial records.
- Enrichment Committee researches, coordinates, and evaluates in-school/extracurricular enrichment and liaises with school.
- Audit Committee conducts an audit of all financial affairs of the PTA.
- One School Committee advocates for a long-term plan to locate Q300 in one school building.
- Teacher Assistant Outreach Committee helps expand outreach to potential Lower Division teaching assistant candidates (including reaching out to educational degree programs).
- What happens at the monthly PTA General Membership Meeting and when is it held?
PTA meetings include reports from the President, the Principal, the School Leadership Team, Committees, and any member of the Q300 community. The Board Meetings are tentatively scheduled at 9:00 a.m. on the first Friday of every month. The General Membership Meetings are tentatively scheduled at 6:30 p.m. on the third or fourth Thursday of every month (pending results of a meeting date survey that will be sent out in September).
- What does the PTA fund?
Funding has included (a) Lower Division teacher assistants; (b) K-5th grade music; K-4th grade visual arts; K-1st grade creative movement; 2nd grade architecture; K-2nd grade Chess and 3rd_4th grade dance, journalism and musical theater electives; 5th-8th grade clubs such as Debate Club, Math Team, Storytelling and Spelling Bee; (c) Chromebooks, color printers, and other equipment, and (d) teachers’ wish lists.
- How does the PTA raise funds?
The PTA coordinates the Direct Appeal; a Fall Costume Party; a Thanksgiving Pie Sale; an International Winter Festival; Picture Day; a Zumba-thon and Movie Nights with Public School 17; a Spring Party and Auction; a Summer Read-a-thon; bake sales; and other activities. The Direct Appeal, which
Q300 Family accounts for over 80% of monies received, raises money directly from families and friends.
- Are donations to the PTA tax-deductible?
The PTA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Yes, your charitable contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- How do I contact the Board?
Please visit https://q300pta.org/pta/about-us/ to find contact info for all Board Members and Committees.
- How do I get timely info from the PTA?
If you don’t receive regular updates from the Q300 PTA (such as the bulletins and newsletters), please provide your contact info to the PTA’s Membership Committee at email@example.com.