About Q300 PTA
Thank you for visiting the website of the Q300 Parent-Teacher Association. All parents and guardians of Q300 students as well as all teachers are automatically members of the Q300 PTA. PTA meetings are held monthly. Our goal is to work together to create and maintain a welcoming community for all Q300 families and to support the administration and faculty in building a school that provides outstanding education to our students based on the values of inclusion, inquiry, and responsibility.
The mission of the Q300 Parent-Teacher Association is to enrich and improve the educational, emotional, and social lives of Q300’s students by providing the following:
- Supporting activities that foster the core values of Q300: Inclusion, Inquiry and Responsibility;
- Providing support and resources to Q300 for the benefit and educational growth of its students;
- Developing parent and staff leadership, fostering and encouraging participation at all levels of the Association, and providing opportunities to participate in school governance and decision making;
- Promoting a cooperative working relationship among the Q300 parents, families, staff, and administration;
- Providing a forum where parents and staff members discuss innovations and implementations of curricular and extra-curricular activities that afford each student an opportunity to acquire the core values of Q300.
Q300 PTA Photo Gallery
2019-2020 PTA Board Members
- Milko Milkov and Lynn Kennedy (president[at]q300pta.org)
- Executive Vice President
- Vacant (vicepresident[at]q300pta.org)
- David William Wang & Daniel Bach (secretary[at]q300pta.org)
- Yi Wen Wang & AJ Jackowska (treasurer[at]q300pta.org)
- Co-VPs of Fundraising
- Claire Lui & Stephanie Peled (fundraising[at]q300pta.org)
- Co-VPs of Communications
- Diana Wang & Ian Koh (communications[at]q300pta.org)
- Co-VPs of Membership
- Maria Hantzopoulos & Ellie Rabinovich (membership[at]q300pta.org)
- Co-VPs of Community Affairs
- Marisa Nagano & Soumaly King (communityaffairs[at]q300pta.org)
- VP of Lower Division (Elementary)
- Barbara Monroe (ESrep[at]q300pta.org)
- Co-VP of Upper Division (Middle)
- Sae Makino-Siller and Milena Ivanova (MSrep[at]Q300pta.org)
- Membership Committee
- The Membership Committee encourages parent and staff participation, outreach, and recruitment. Contact the VP of Membership.
- Auction Committee (Under Membership)
- Fundraising Committee
- The Fundraising Committee plans and executes all fundraising activities including donation solicitations, fundraisers, and grant writing to further the mission of the Association. Learn more about volunteering here. Contact the VP of Fundraising.
- Direct Appeal Committee
- The PTA Direct Appeal Co-Chairs develop our annual direct appeal strategy and outreach plan, distribute information about our campaigns and use of direct appeal funds, solicit donations from the community, track donations and issue tax receipts. Contact directappeal[at]q300pta.org.
- Communications Committee
- The Communications Committee facilitates and implements communications among the Association and the parents and staff. Contact the VP of Communication.
- Community Affairs Committee
- The Community Affairs Committee oversees the PTA’s efforts to reach out to the greater Q300 community and to participate in and report on community based meetings and forums, and committees and councils of the Department of Education. Contact the VP of Community Affairs.
- Budget Committee
- The Budget Committee develops and proposes the PTA budget and prepares a written review of the prior year’s budget. Contact the Treasurers.
- Audit Committee (under Treasury)
- The Audit Committee conduct an audit of all financial affairs of the Association, with the assistance of the Treasurer who shall make all books and records of the Association available to the committee. Contact Jasmin Rosner at xxxx[at]q300pta.org
- Bus Advocacy Committee
- Contact Noah Fessenden at xxxx[at]q300pta.org & Meghan Cirrito at xxxx[at]q300pta.org
- One School Committee (under Community Affairs)
- Contact Marlon Aranda at xxxx[at]q300pta.org and Lynn Kennedy at LynnK[at]q300pta.org
- Library Committee Committee (under Membership)
- Contact Meghan Cirrito at xxxx[at]q300pta.org
- Grant Writing Committee
- Contact Lynn Kennedy at LynnK[at]q300pta.org
- Enrichment Committee
- Contact Maura McDermott and Margarita Soto at enrichment[at]q300pta.org
- Nominations Committee
- Contact Sue Sekar, Luke Lukose, Stephanie Peled, and Kevin Gallagher at nominations[at]q300pta.org
- Wellness Committee
- The Wellness Committee is a group of parents, students, staff who work together with the school administration to promote a healthy school environment. Contact: Gina Reis at ginar[at]q300pta.org and Lynn Kennedy at lynnk[at]q300pta.org.
- 2E Group Committee
- Contact Ellie Rabinovich at xxxx[at]q300pta.org
Q300 PTA: How Much has Changed
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I become a member of the PTA
The following individuals are automatically PTA members: (a) birth parents, adoptive parents, step-parents, legally appointed guardians, foster parents, “persons in a parental relation” as defined by the Department of Education and designated persons having a relationship to a child or children currently attending Q300; and (b) all eligible Q300 teachers and instructional full-time staff members, with the exception of the Principal and supervisors.
- How do I get timely info from the PTA?
If you don’t receive regular updates from the Q300 PTA (such as the bulletins and newsletters), please provide your contact info to the PTA’s Membership Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I become involved in the PTA or volunteer during school?
You can attend monthly meetings, volunteer by organizing events, fundraising, and other activities, serve on a committee or run for an executive board position. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact The Q300 PTA Membership Committee at email@example.com
Also, please consider running for a position on the board. In the October 2019 general membership meeting, the PTA will hold elections for co-Treasurer, co-Fundraising, Executive Vice President, co-Vice President (VP) of the Lower Division (K-4th grades), and co-VP of the Upper Division (5th-8th grades).
- What are the PTA committees on which I can volunteer?
Please above the describes each committee and contact person.
- What happens at the PTA General Monthly Meeting and when is it held?
The PTA meetings include reports from the Presidents, the Principal, the School Leadership Team, Committees, and any other members of the Q300 community. For 2019-2020, the Board meetings are tentatively scheduled at 8:40 am on the first or second Friday of the month and the General Membership meetings are tentatively scheduled at 6:30 pm on the third or fourth Thursday of the month.
- How does the PTA raise funds?
Please see Fundraising Overview for more information about the PTA fundraising.
- How do I contact the Board?
See above for the 2019-2020 PTA Board members.