Fundraising at Q300
IRS has determined that Q300 Parent-Teacher Association is exempt from Federal income tax under section 501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Further, all contributions to the PTA, from October 31, 2014 forward, are tax-deductible. Attached is the IRS determination letter. The IRS Determination letter can be found here: IRS Determination Ltr_(2015_07_31) .
The PTA coordinates the Direct Appeal; a Spring Dance and Auction; Gallery Night Parent Outing; a Fall Costume Party; a Thanksgiving Pie Sale; an International Winter Festival; Picture Day; a Zumba-thon with PS 17; a Summer Read-a-thon; bake sales; and other activities. The Direct Appeal, which accounts for over 67% of monies received, raises money directly from families and friends.
To support the many important enrichment initiatives voted on by the members of the Q300 PTA, we’re reaching out for donations as part of our Direct Appeal.
Fundraising Shopping Links
Earn money for our school by shopping!
Tiny Prints and Shutterfly
When you shop through our Tiny Prints Storefront and order holiday cards and stationery, Tiny Prints will donate 13% of your purchase to help our organization. http://q300pta.ShutterflyStorefront.com
Shop Amazon Earn for Q300 PTA
There are two different ways to support Q300 when shopping at Amazon.
- Amazon Associates: Enter Amazon.com with this special link (bookmark it after you enter!) and up to 7% of your purchases will benefit the PTA.
- Amazon Smile: The Q300 PTA is a registered charity with Amazon Smile. Amazon will donate .5% (that’s point-five %) of every transaction to Q300, to get your Amazon account set up, just http://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/about/ref=smi_aas_redirect?ie=UTF8&ref_=smi_se_ft_abt_saas for details.
Support a local, independent bookstore! Whether you order online for delivery or in-store pickup at https://www.bookculture.com, be sure to use our code GB-Q300 for 15% back to the PTA. If you’re shopping in store, just tell them at check out that you’re shopping as part of the Q300 community and we’ll be credited the same 15% back. Book Culture has a large selection of adult and kid books, as well as a beautiful selection of toys and gifts.
30% of each transaction will be donated to Q300 PTA. Link at https://www.childrensbookstore.com/welcome/?ref=Q300BOOKFAIR.
The Stop and Shop number for Q300 PTA is 41211. Please go to the website and register your Stop and Shop rewards card under this number: https://stopandshop.com/school-rewards/. This number also works for Peapod (Stop and Shop’s delivery service). Points earned from shopping will be send at the end of the school year directly to the school—this is not a PTA Fundraising initiative, but we help coordinate it to help raise money for the school.
Support the Q300 PTA while you use Goodsearch or Goodshop. Goodshop works with more than 5,000+ stores to provide the best deals and coupons and the top stores also donate up to 20% of their purchase back to the Q300 PTA.
Please search for Q300 PTA (Astoria) and you will be directed to the fundraising page. Mabel’s Label Campaign Page. A portion of your purchase will be donated to the Q300 PTA.
Primary (uniform shop)
10% of your purchase will go back to your school. Order at https://www.primary.com/school/q300.
What does the PTA fund?
In 2019-20, the following programs are funded through the Q300 PTA fundraising.
- Up to $500 per teacher for wish list items, classroom supplies and activities
- Teacher professional development, such as Responsive Classroom training, differentiated instruction workshops, and team building
- Need-based financial aid to families for trips and other activities
- Support for community-building events, such as Welcome Breakfast for Incoming Families, Costume Party, International Potluck, and Auction and Dance Party
Lower Division (K-4th Grades):
- Enrichment programs taught by organizations such as Arts Connection (Visual Arts (including storytelling, bookmaking, cartooning), Musical Theater, and Vocal Music), Alvin Ailey Dance Theater, Chess Kids, and Center for Architecture
- One teaching assistant (TA) for each K, 1st grade, and 2nd grade class, and one shared TA for each of 3rd and 4th grades
- Support for the kindergarten stepping up ceremony and lower division graduation
Upper Division (5th-8th Grades):
- Electives taught by Art House Astoria (music theater/chorus and band) and NYC Chess Kids
- Support for clubs and electives, including Brain Games, Yearbook, Debate, and Storytelling
- School materials such as class sets of Chromebooks, laptop carts, printers, library books, microscopes, gym equipment, and art installation materials
- Support school trips and 8th grade graduation