March is designated Women’s History Month, during which women’s contributions in American history are recognized and honored. The Q300 PTA put together the following resources for the Women’s History Month 2023.
- The Library of Congress, National Archives and Records Administration, National Endowment for the Humanities, National Gallery of Art, National Park Service, Smithsonian Institution and United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, join in commemorating and encouraging the study, observance and celebration of the vital role of women in American history. Women’s History Month (https://womenshistorymonth.gov)
- Women have designed, created, and sculpted many of our most well-known monuments, leaving an indelible imprint on the city’s permanent art collection. In celebration of Women’s History Month, take a look at some of our favorite sculptures by women in parks that tell the story of our city’s history and culture Sculptures by Women in NYC Parks: NYC Parks (nycgovparks.org)
- The Queens Public Library has a calendar of free and family-friendly events at locations all across Queens, celebrating Women’s History Month. Queens Public Libaray Celebrates Women’s History Month (https://www.queenslibrary.org)
- The first of its kind in the nation within the walls of a major museum, the Center for Women’s History, unearths the lives and legacies of women who have shaped and continue to shape the American experience. Center for Women’s History | New-York Historical Society (nyhistory.org)
- Our mission is to tell the stories of women who transformed our nation. We will do that through a growing state-of-the-art online presence and a future physical museum to educate, inspire, empower, shape the future, and provide a complete view of American history. WomensHistory.org (https://www.womenshistory.org) or Digital Classroom Resources @ the National Women’s History Museum (https://www.womenshistory.org/students-and-educators)