It’s time for our school-wide Summer Read-a-thon! Q300 is a community of learners and readers, and we continue our passion for books and knowledge into the summer months (while simultaneously raising money for our enrichment programs)! For questions, contact VP Fundraising at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How it Works
- Setting Goals: How many books do you want to read over the summer? Suggested reading lists can be found on the Q300 PTA website (https://q300pta.org/2023/06/14/2023-summer-read-a-thon/).
- Get Sponsors: Students share their reading goals with family and friends, and ask for donations. They can use the paper Sponsor List [LINK], or setup an online Readathon page where sponsors can donate via credit card. (To setup an online Readathon page, go to https://app.99pledges.com/fund/q300pta2023, Click “Add Participant” underneath Group Standings). Our goal is for each Q300 student to raise $50.00, or to ask 5 people for donations.
- Complete Reading Log: Students record their books on the paper Reading Log. Time spent by parents or others reading aloud to a student counts also! Additional logs/forms can be printed from the 0300 PTA website.
- Collect & Turn in Donations and Reading Logs: Students need to bring their completed Reading Logs, Sponsor List (if using paper form) AND Donations (in an envelope with child’s name, upcoming class, and label “Readathon”), to their teachers by September 18, 2023 to be considered for prizes.
- Individual – [$50 donation] OR [5 sponsors] = Scratch and sniff bookmark!
- Individual – [$100 donation or more] OR [10 sponsors or more] = Reading head lamp!
- Grade with most participation WINS 10 NEW BOOKS for their class book collection!
Suggested Summer Reading Lists
- Queens Public Library – Summer Booklist: http://connect.queenslibrary.org/10801
- Imagination Soup – 2023 Summer Book Lists: https://imaginationsoup.net/summer-reading-list-for-kids/
- Read Brightly – Summer Reading 2023: https://www.readbrightly.com/summer-reading-central/