Each year the Q300 PTA participates in a fundraiser with Square 1 Art. This is an optional project, but one enjoyed by many families. Before the holiday break, students created artwork in school on special paper for the Square 1 Art Fundraiser. Square 1 Art then prints those masterpieces onto an order form so families can purchase keepsake gifts with the art printed on it. Through this incentive, families can keep memories of their child’s artwork on a mug, coaster, quilt, water bottle and many other options! For those who would like to order items with these creations on them, as well as submit additional creations done at home, final pieces are due Friday, January 14, 2022 (This is an order deadline. The art work should be submitted to the classroom teachers by Friday, January 7, 2022).
At the end of March, each child will receive a sheet of free stickers made from their artwork and a catalog of items to buy — you will be able to buy things like mugs, potholders, notebooks personalized with your child’s artwork. (See https://shop.square1art.com/Shop/view-all-products for more ideas.)
Some tips for the artwork:
- Make it bold and colorful: Center the drawing and fill the entire art paper with vibrant colors.
- Use bright materials such as markers, paint, collage, colored tape, and tissue paper.
- DO NOT use colored pencils, photographs, gel pens, chalk, metallic, fluorescent, or neon pens. These materials will not show up well on the finished products.
- Be sure to sign your masterpiece and place the name and date on artwork, but at least one inch from the edge.
- Have an adult fill out the top part of the form with the child’s information and classroom number. It is important that this be legible and clear.
- Here is the link to the art template if you need an extra art form: https://www.square1art.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Square-1-Art-Art-Paper.pdf.
And here are some helpful art resources or ideas:
If you have any questions, please contact the co-VP of Fundraising at email@example.com.