About thredUP for Schools
thredUP is similar to a consignment store and is a simple, efficient way to way to save money on Women’s and Kids’ clothing brands and sell clothes for cash. For every purchase made at thredUP, they’ll donate 5% to a K-12 school of your choice. You also have the option to donate your Clean Out Bag payout earnings to your school.
There are Two Ways to Participate
- Donate/sell your gently used clothing on thredUp
- Shop at thredUp
Here’s how to register for an account:
- Go to https://www.thredup.com/schools and create an account.
- Choose 30th Avenue School (Q300) as your school.
- Request a Clean Out bag for Q300 – this can be done from the thredUP Q300 school page. ThredUp will send you a Clean Out Bag with pre-paid postage and instructions.
- Empty your closets! thredUp has additional details on Quality Standards and the Brands and Categories of Items that are accepted (additional details).
- Fill your bag! If you send something that they do not want, they will recycle it responsibly (additional details). However, if you want it sent back to you, you can request that too and simply pay a flat shipping fee of $8.95.
- Once you are finished, follow the shipping instructions that came with the Clean Out Bag. (additional details)
5% of the proceeds of any purchases made thredUP.com will go to Q300 (as long as you select the school!).
The thredUP for Schools program is one of many ways you can participate and contribute to the overall Q300 PTA fundraising goals. Of course, it goes without saying that all forms of participation and contributions are welcome, encouraged, and greatly appreciated.