The Connected Chef (https://theconnectedchef.com) is a Queens based organization that delivers nutritious, high-density groceries to families through their Lifeline Grocery Initiative. Families in the Lifeline program have been put out of work due to COVID-19 and do not qualify for unemployment or other government assistance.
- Sunday, January 31, 2021 at 5:30pm for Families
- Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 8:30pm for Parents
Kim Calichio, the founder of Lifeline Groceries, is offering two virtual fundraisers for Lifeline and for the Q300PTA.
- Family Class: For $65 each family will receive the class link and food necessary to execute the recipe in her demonstration-based class. At 5:30pm on Sunday, January 31st, 2021 via Zoom. Register at http://q300pta.org/ConnectedChef2021 by January 24 to receive your grocery box in time! Financial assistance is available for this event. See the website for more information.
- Adult class: For $65 each group will receive the class and necessary ingredients delivered to their home (except alcohol) to execute the recipes in her demonstration-based class. At 8:30pm on Saturday, February 6th, 2021 via Zoom. Register at http://q300pta.org/ConnectedChef2021 by January 31 to receive your grocery box in time! Financial assistance is available for this event. See the website for more information.
How to Register
Visit the following pages for registration.
- Registration link for the family Class (at 5:30pm on Sunday, January 31st, 2021): https://theconnectedchef.com/product/sunday-family-cooking-class/
- Registration link for the adult class (at 8:30pm on Saturday, February 6, 2021): https://theconnectedchef.com/product/cooking-mixology-class-for-parents/
- Included in the cost of the event will be all ingredients needed for the recipe. The Connected Chef can deliver the ingredients to those residing in Queens. Participants who are not located in Queens can make arrangement to pick up their ingredients from The Connected Chef’s facility.
- There will be a vegetarian option.
- Once registration is complete, The Connected Chef will be sending emails to confirm addresses for delivery and dietary restrictions.
All PTA events are open to the entire Q300 community. Admission fees are simply a suggested donation to cover the costs associated with the event. If you would like to participate in this event but are unable to contribute, please reach out to Rachel Weiss rachelq300.org (Lower Division) or Christine Katartzis christineq300.org (Upper Division) for a link to join. All requests are kept confidential.
For inquiries, contact Abigail Swenstein at AbigailSq300pta.org.