The month of April is National Arab American Heritage Month. Learn about Arab Americans’ long history, contributions and culture in the United States. Below are a list of resources to help you get started:
Nation Arab American Heritage Month – Resources – April 2023
- Find a list of children’s books, activities and many other resources for celebrating and learning about NAAHM:
- For more on the history of Arab Americans and additional resources:
- Spring Break in Michigan could include a trip to the Arab American Museum just outside of Detroit, which is home to the largest population of Arab people in America!
- This is an awesome book list for teenage readers! Enjoy!
- This very thorough list of resources and a reading list is compiled by the University of Houston Arab-American Educational Foundation Center for Arab Studies. From novels and poetry to local and national organizations, there’s lots to check out:
- Teachers can book a virtual tour for their class at the Arab American Museum:
- A quick resource for teachers and parent/guardians alike – offers a few reading materials for different grade levels with helpful prompts for discussion.
- Get a quick dose of Arab American history on no other than the History Channel:
- Watch this curated list of short films that celebrate the diversity and culture of Arab Americans from PBS’ award-winning POV Series: