We are thrilled and excited to bring back the school-wide Summer Read-a-thon! Q300 is a community of learners and readers, and we continue our passion for books and knowledge into the summer months (while simultaneously raising money for our school’s enrichment programs)! [Download the flyer here ]
- Register: Register for the Read-a-thon at GoFundMe (https://charity.gofundme.com/q300readathon2021). Create your own fundraising goal. Share your pledge with friends and family members so that they can support your Read-a-thon.
If you don’t use GoFundMe, you may mail checks to the Q300 Lower Division at:
Q300 PTA – Readathon
28-37 29th Street, 4th Floor
Astoria, NY 11102
Please make checks payable to “Q300 PTA” and note “Summer Readathon” in the memo. A check may not get processed immediately especially during the summer.
- Read: Choose books that seem interesting or select from the following reading lists. Add your completed books to the book log (PDF | Google Doc ).
- NYC DOE Read 365: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learning/subjects/nyc-reads-365
- NYC Public Library Best Books for Kids 2020: http://bit.ly/Q300RT2021ListKids
- NYC Public Library Best Books for Teens 2020: http://bit.ly/Q300RT2021ListTeens
- Queens Library Summer Booklists: http://bit.ly/Q300RT2021ListQL
- Astoria Bookshop’s Stroytime & Children’s Lit: http://bit.ly/Q300RT2021ListAB
- Brooklyn Public Library’s Summer Reading List: http://bit.ly/Q300RT2021ListBL
- Brooklyn Public Library’s AAPI Month Reading List: http://bit.ly/Q300RT2021ListAAPI
- The Conscious Kids: http://bit.ly/Q300RT2021ListCK
- Social Justice Books Booklist: http://bit.ly/Q300RT2021ListSJ
- Share: Throughout the summer, share your book reviews & recommendations on FlipGrid. The FlipGrid page is private and all students must use their DOE e-mail address to login. Click on “Join with Google” and enter your child’s DOE e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to log in. Visit the FlipGrid a couple times a week to report back and see what your friends are reading.
- Support: At the end of the Read-a-thon (on Monday, September 13, 2021), your pledge and donations from your supporters will be collected by GoFundme. The funds raised will go directly back into the school to support enrichment programs.
Finally, if you’re looking to buy any new books for your kids, we have an ongoing partnership with Children’s Bookstore (https://www.childrensbookstore.com/welcome/q300-parent-teacher-association/). 15% of all sales will go back to the PTA.
For inquiries, contact the Fundraising VP at email@example.com.