Q300 (https://ps300q.org) is hiring TA’s for kindergarten through 4th grade for the academic year of 2023-2024. Please see https://ideali.st/6RbDAv or a copy of the job posting below for more info. Applicants should email their resume and any other info to Sonita Ramkishun, Principal of Q300, at email@example.com. The posting will close by August 14, 2023.
The 30th Avenue School Seeks Teaching Assistants from Kindergarten to 4th Grade
The 30th Avenue School (Q300) is seeking teacher assistants (TAs) to support classes from kindergarten to fourth grade for the 2023-2024 school year. Q300 is a citywide gifted and talented public school with diverse learners from kindergarten to 8th grade. Our school, located in the heart of Astoria, Queens, has an active and engaged community dedicated to the core values of Inclusion, Inquiry and Responsibility. Our agile educational approach focuses on teaching a curriculum with models of differentiation and personalization.
- Build rapport with classroom teacher and students in assigned class or classes;
- Support teacher in daily duties including preparing and setting up activities, grading, organizing, and filing;
- Support students in small groups throughout the day in multiple subjects including English Language Arts, Math, and Science;
- Assist and supervise students during recess, lunch, arrival, dismissal, and bus drop-off and pick-up at school; and
- Work as a team to support the needs of the school building and community.
If hired, candidate will benefit from the following:
- Experience in the classroom with elementary school-aged children
- Experience with teachers and staff working with a range of diverse learners
- Experience and observation of different methods of teaching and support such as differentiation or personalization
- Implementation of ASPIRE as an in-school expectation and behavioral model
- Opportunities to connect with Department of Education (DOE) staff, United Federation of Teachers representatives and Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) members
- Experience working with students between ages of 5 years old to 10 years old
- Background knowledge in social emotional learning and supporting a positive classroom environment
- Minimum of 2 years in college or an Associate Degree
- Working toward a degree in Education (Preferred but not required)
- Full-time, Temporary
- Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Schedule: Monday to Friday when students are at school. This position does not pay on weekends, holidays, or days students are off from school.
- Work Location: 28-37 29th Street, 4th Floor, Astoria, NY 11102
Upon hiring, applicants must meet all DOE hiring requirements. The position is funded by the PTA, not the DOE. All interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with an attached resume and any other info. To learn more about Q300, please visit www.ps300q.org/. The posting is open from July 11 to August 14, 2023.
Lower Division: 28-37 29th Street , Astoria, NY 11102
Upper Division: 31-51 21st Street, Long Island City, NY 11106