Harry Potter Night. Save the Date. February 29, 2020. The 8th graders are organizing a fundraiser for their graduation. This event will be open to all and include creative Potter…
- Date: Friday, January 31, 2020
- Time: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Place: Q300 Lower Division campus (28-37 29th St, Astoria, NY 11102)
Our 6th annual Winter International Potluck and Festival will be on Friday, January 31st at the Elementary School Campus from 6:00pm-8:00pm. This is a school wide event! K-8 extravaganza! This is a lovely community event where every brings dishes from all over the world!
- Food, Attendance, and Volunteer. To RSVP, let us know the type of dish you will be bringing, or sign up to help with the event (craft table, Costco run, etc…), please click the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4aa9ac22a6f94-q3005
- Prizes for Auction. We will also be raffling and silent auctioning a few prizes. We are looking in particular for camp prizes though welcome others. If you can donate or can solicit a donation, please fill out the Winter Festival Auction Donation Form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-Zt8e8MXPaBFcOU25tmZb6pcb0vS8bZDP_SYJTtvqUJAvbw/viewform. See below for more information about the auction prizes.
- Grade Tables. We’re asking that each class (up to 2 per grade) plan an appropriate activity that can be set up and run at a table during the event. You can put together anything—a craft, a coloring activity, origami. Last year we even had a parent set up a chopsticks station where children were able to experiment with picking up different items, like legos and marbles! If you are interested and helping to organize this for your child’s grade, please reach out to your class parent or the LD (Barbara Monroe or Christina Lee) and UD (Sae Makino-Siller and Milena Ivanova) representatives!
On December 20, 2019, the PTA will be sponsor a holiday breakfast for our amazing teachers and staff at Q300! Please consider contributing a baked good, box of coffee, or other food item for the teachers and staff to enjoy, and/or help set up.
- Date: Friday, December 20, 2019
- Time: 7:30am-
- Place: Lower Division (Teachers’ workroom on the 3rd floor) and Upper Division (Principal’s Office)
- URL: Volunteer sign-up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0c45afa82caafa7-q300
Q300 PTA will collect coats and socks at the PTA meetings on Thursday, November 21 (LD). Collection boxes will also be at both the upper and lower division campuses for…
On Wednesday, November 27th, 2019, the PTA will have a Thanksgiving appreciation luncheon for all of the staff and teachers at both campuses. We are so grateful for all of their hard work! We are also grateful for the generous donation made by Flavors NYC in Manhattan, which just opened a new store in Astoria called Local Kitchen.
- Date: Wednesday, November 27, 2019
- Time: 8:45pm – lunch time
- Place: Q300 Lower Division (28-37 29th st) and Upper Division (31-51 21st street)
- Volunteer URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdv2TEdEXAoSW7cyChTBdRMK1-mvxFXSDZogTgqQDmjaD7NzQ/viewform
Our 4th graders and 8th graders will be running a bake sale to raise money for their year end trip (4th grade) and graduation expenses (8th grade). Please stop by…
The Q300 Book Fair Fundraiser with The Astoria Bookshop will be held both online and in person.
- Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Time: 1:00pm-7:00pm
- Place: Explorations Room Of Q300 Lower Division
- URL (online book fair on Nov 4-12): https://astoriabookshop.com
- URL (volunteer sign-up): https://bit.ly/2Ns48rl
Q300 and PS17 PTAs are hosting Movie Night Friday at 5:30pm on Friday, December 6, 2019. The location will be the PS17 campus (Q300 Lower Division). Date: Friday, December 6,…
Q300 Chess Team is hosting the first Q300 “home” chess tournament on Sunday, October 20, 2019. Date: Sunday, October 20, 2019 / Sunday, November 17, 2019 / Sunday, February 9,…
The success of our school community depends on the enthusiasm, ideas, and work of parents like you. Do you have a community building project idea? Interested in initiating a new fundraiser? Have a way to help strengthen the Q300 school community? The Q300 PTA would like to hear your thoughts!